|GIVE ADDRESS CHANGE TO:
- Post Office
- Charge Accounts, Credit Cards
- Subscriptions: Notice requires several weeks.
- Friends and Relatives
- Locate branch near your new home.
- Transfer funds; arrange check cashing in new city.
- Notify company of new location for coverages; Life, Health, Fire and Automobile insurance.
- Disconnect Gas, Light, Water, Telephone at old home.
- Arrange for Gas, Light, Water, Telephone services at new home.
|MEDICAL, DENTAL, PRESCRIPTION, HISTORIES:
- Ask Doctor and dentist for referrals.
- Transfer needed prescriptions, eyeglasses, X-rays.
- Obtain birth records, medical records, etc.
|DON'T FORGET TO:
- Empty freezer
- Defrost freezer and clean refrigerator.
- Double check closests and crawl spaces for stored/infrequently used items.
|ON MOVING DAY:
- Carry enough cash to cover cost of moving services and expenses until you make banking connections in the new city.
- Carry jewelry and documents yourself.
- Leave all old keys needed by new tenant or owner with Realtor or landlord.
|AT YOUR NEW ADDRESS:
- Plan for transporting pets; they are poor traveling companions if unhappy.
- Double check closets, drawers and shelves to be sure they are empty.
- Check pilot light on stove, water heater, incinerator and furnace.
- Have new address recorded on driver's license/apply for state driver's license.
- Register children in school.
- Arrange for medical services: Doctor, Dentist, etc.